- J.Cole Says Jay-Z Didn’t Pit Him Against Kanye West
- Beyonce And Video Game Company Settle For $100 Million in Lawsuit
- Live interview w/ @BonzeRoc144 during TOMORROW New At 4 on #AfternoonTakeOver (3-8pm)
- Man sentenced to 3 years in prison for not paying restaurant bill
- Papua New Guinean Girl raped by father,then decapitates him
J.Cole released his Born Sinner album today (June 18), the same day Kanye West dropped his Yeezus LP. Both artists are affiliated with Jay-Z, but J.Cole says that Jay-Z wasn’t behind the two rappers releasing material on the same day.
“He just respected it,” J.Cole says during an interview with DJ Drama. “He thought it was like courageous. He thought it was a brave move. That was it. He wasn’t pitting me against him like, ‘Yeah, let me get my two artists [to release albums on the same day].’ Nah. He was just like, ‘Yo. That’s brave. You can’t lose,’ is what he was saying. Nobody even expects me to really win that day, in terms of sales, and that’s not really what it was about to begin with. It was about putting my name in the hat in terms of the music. You might have to make a decision. You might love both. You might love his. You might hate my album, but you’re not going to. But it’s forcing you to make a decision on which album [you're going to prefer]. I’m just putting my name in the hat. That’s it.”
Songstress Beyoncé has settled a $100 million lawsuit against video game company Gate Five.
According to the NY Post and papers filed in Manhattan Supreme Court today, lawyers for the singer and for the gaming company signed an agreement dismissing “all claims or counterclaims” without attorneys’ fees.
Gate Five’s lawyer, Peter Gallagher said the two “settled amicably” but couldn’t discuss the terms of the settlement.
Beyoncé was sued by the video game company back in 2011 for allegedly backing out of a deal for a motion-capture dance game called Staypower: Beyoncé.
She had apparently ditched the deal just before the winter holidays, claiming that the gaming outfit hadn’t secured promised funding. Gate Five countered that Beyoncé had dropped the deal on a whim. The origional lawsuit also described Beyoncé as “too erratic to do business with.”
Anthony M. Malabehar has agreed to a deal where he will serve three years behind bars after he was arrested for refusing to pay for a restaurant bill which came to the amount of $70.
It is understood the arrest came as the second time for the man who had been previously arrested for the same feat not less than two months earlier in the same vicinity where the latest arrest happened in the town of Mattoon, Charleston, South Carolina.
Police went on to tell that Malabehar had been out of jail for just one day after serving a 60-day sentence for a similar crime he had committed that February before attending the Alamo Steak House on April the 4th where he*ordered a meal, an appetizer and drinks and consequently refusing to pay the restaurant bill, which totaled nearly $70 when it was at last presented to him.
A theft of that amount is normally a misdemeanor offense but Malabehar was charged with a felony because of his criminal record, which apparently includes several theft and other property offense convictions in Cook County.
Malabehar’s record made him eligible for an extended prison sentence, up to six years or twice the normal maximum, because of his earlier convictions. A burglary charge that accused him of entering the restaurant planning to steal was dismissed, and a conviction for that offense would have required a three- to 14-year prison term.
Assistant State’s Attorney Rob Scales said Malabehar never gave an explanation of why he stole from the restaurants. During both incidents, he told restaurant workers that he couldn’t pay then waited for police to arrive without causing any other problems.
Scales has since gone on to say that Malabehar will likely serve about a year of his sentence if he is eligible for time-reduction credits. It is also understood that he has since been*ordered to pay restitution and fines.
Meanwhile somewhere on Wall street today, the world’s finest establishments and a bevy of some of its most well employed managed to extract what some may argue are illicit profits day in day out because of their meticulous ability to circumvent law or perhaps to auger such laws…
An 18-year-old girl claiming to have been repeatedly raped by father in their Papua New Guinea village took matters into her own hands when she used a bush knife to slice off his head to thwart his latest attack.
Dei District leaders in the Western Highlands Province say the man’s grisly death is justified for his “evil” crimes and they will not turn his daughter over to police following the discovery of his decapitated body Wednesday.
“The daughter did what she did because of the trauma and the evil actions of her father so that is why we have all agreed that she remains in the community,” Rang leaders Max Pank and John Kay told the Post Courier.
The girl told authorities she used a Tramontia bush knife on Wednesday morning to decapitate her father after he raped her on Tuesday night while her mother and three siblings were away.
“The father wanted to rape his daughter again in the morning inside the house and that was when the young girl picked up the bush knife and chopped her father’s head off,” Pastor Lucas Kumi told the Post. Read the rest of this entry »
ROC NATION RECORDS has appointed JASON ILEY President, MUSICWEEK reports. ILEY, who recently left MERCURY RECORDS in LONDON, will strategize and oversee campaigns for artists such as J COLE, RITA ORA, JAY ELECTRONICA and BRIDGET KELLY.
ILEY’s main claim to fame was his 15-year career at UNIVERSAL MUSIC UK, where as Pres., he helped launch the careers of AMY WINEHOUSE and KEANE and managed the global launch of each of U2’s multi-Platinum albums of the ’00s.
“JASON has a vision that reaches past the status quo,” ROC NATION Founder SHAWN ‘JAY Z’ CARTER said. “He’s innovative, has an ear for what’s ‘next,’ and sees past mundane by the numbers marketing. Jason is a great addition to the ROC NATION family.”
“I’m excited to continue my working relationship with JAY Z, who is not only a great artist but also has the sharpest business mind in entertainment, and I’m delighted to join JAY BROWN, TY TY SMITH and the rest of the ROC NATION team in the biggest music market in the world,” ILEY said. “I look forward to taking many ROC NATION artists to a global audience in the very near future.”
Police are investigating a shooting at 1111 E 15th St. in Winston-Salem, after a 5-year-old boy accidentally shot a 4-year-old boy Friday, authorities said.
When officers arrived at the house, they found the 4-year-old boy with a gunshot wound to his shoulder. The boy was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. He is currently in stable condition.
According to police, the older boy was retrieving a pair of shoes from a downstairs closet when he found the small caliber rifle, police said. The boy then fired the gun, hitting the younger boy. The two boys are not related.
According to FOX8 Reporter Lindsey Eaton, a babysitter was at home at the time of the incident, along with two other children between 9 months and 5-years-old.
“Kids are curious when they find something they are going to investigate and go further and that’s when bad things happen,” said Lt. Rob Cozart with the Winston-Salem Police Department.
Erika Caldwell lives two doors down from where the shooting happened. Caldwell’s son goes to school with the 5-year-old boy.
“[They are] very, very lucky. Both of the children are short in height. It could’ve been worse, real worse,” Caldwell said.
Police are still investigating. Charges are pending.
Authorities say two Florida brothers got into a tussle over missing macaroni and cheese that ended with one stabbing the other in the stomach.
Volusia County Sheriff’s deputies say 47-year-old Edward Zipperer spilled a beer belonging to his 49-year-old brother Randy Zipperer while looking for the missing mac and cheese. That set off an argument inside the Deltona home that led to the older brother stabbing the younger one.
According to the Daytona Beach News-Journal, Randy Zipperer told deputies he didn’t mean to hurt his brother, adding he just “poked him a little with the knife.”
Edward Zipperer had a small puncture wound. Deputies recovered a 6-inch knife with blood on the tip.
Randy Zipperer remained in the Volusia County Jail early Friday. He faces an aggravated battery charge.
A Blackman Township man is to be arraigned Monday afternoon on several counts of criminal sexual conduct for allegedly sexually assaulting his 3-year-old daughter.
He would take showers with the girl and told Blackman-Leoni Township public safety detectives Christopher Boulter and Joseph Merritt that he may have attempted to have sex with her six times. He said it happened “too many times to remember” according to a petition seeking to remove the girl from the care of her mother and father, who were living at the Avalon Hotel, 2000 Bondsteel Drive.
The man was arrested Thursday and the girl has been placed in foster care, said Boulter, a sergeant.
Two other children, boys aged 5 and 8, also were removed from the custody of the girl’s mother, according to court records.
“I know you are going to have a lot of questions as to why this happened and I can tell you that at this time, I am not fully sure as to why this happened” the man wrote in an“apology letter” quoted in the petition.
“Please know that I want the best for you and I am going to get the help I need. My head is not right and hasn’t been for a long time. I know that I can never take back what I did and can say sorry a million times.”
The sexual abuse is alleged to have taken place from late last year until May, Boulter said.
On May 7, Children’s Protective Services received a complaint alleging the girl was displaying “a lot of sexualized behavior.” She asked her brother to have sex with her, “humped her stuffed animals,” and found pornography and put it in the DVD player, according to the petition.
The woman, who is married to the child’s father, admitted to assisting her husband in attempting to penetrate their daughter, according to the petition. The man said she held the 3-year-old’s hands while he held her legs and the girl was “trying to get away” according to the petition.
Her mother also admitted she and her husband watched pornography and had sex in the girl’s presence, and she told Merritt and Boulter the couple took elicit photos of the child, according to the petition.
The woman, who has a history of being sexually abused, also said her husband has forced sex on her and once grabbed her throat after she saw him physically abuse her sons when they were ages 2 and 4. He told her if she called the police, he would throw her out a window, according to the petition.
The woman has not been charged with a crime. The investigation is continuing, detectives said.
The Department of Human Services is seeking to terminate the parental rights of both parents.
All the children were taken from the couple’s home early this month. An order was signed Thursday, June 6.
Miami-Dade Police are trying to determine the identity of a man who passed himself off as a doctor from Venezuela who is accused of administering butt-enhancement injections to a Miami woman who died shortly after the procedure in April.
Twenty-eight year old Suyima Torres, according to her family, had just started her own business.
When CBS4’s Brian Andrews asked Torres’s father, Juan Luis Torres, if he was upset with the clinic he said yes.
Police questioned Ruth Planas, the owner of Cuerpos Health and Aesthetics LLC which is located in a strip mall on 8410 West Flagler Street.
According to court documents obtained by CBS4 News, Planas refused to provide any information on the Venezuelan Doctor, who is believed to have left the country.
When CBS4’s Brian Andrews visited Cuerpos Health and Aesthetics on Tuesday afternoon, the doors were locked and the blinds were drawn. Also, there were delivery notices taped to the door frame.
The court documents note that police are treating the death of Suyi Torres as a case of manslaughter connected to the unlicensed practice of medicine. Read the rest of this entry »
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'headthisyoutube' not found or invalid function name in /home/zduttqcv/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406